Beanstalkd 1.4 Release Notes
Okay, beanstalkd 1.4 is ready.
To everyone who has contributed to this release and in the past, I can’t thank you enough. This release contains a lot of fixes, a huge new feature, and is our most portable beanstalkd so far. Thanks for sticking with me!
There will be no incompatible protocol changes until version 2.0. A client written for version 1.4 will work unmodified with any later 1.x release of beanstalkd.
- Persistence (Graham Barr, Keith Rarick)
- Properly initialize network address struct (Jeethu Rao)
- Fix daemonization on BSD systems, including Mac OS X (Alex MacCaw and Yun Huang Yong)
- Now includes RPM spec file and init scripts (Ask Bjørn Hansen)
- Fixed build and unit tests on Solaris and Mac (Keith Rarick)
- Added “reserves” counter for each job (goosmurf)
- Fix a memory leak from the peek and stats commands (goosmurf)
- Handle SIGTERM just like SIGINT (Florian Noeding)
- Use high-resolution timers, fixing some timeout-related bugs (Keith Rarick)
Download the 1.4 tarball directly:
Learn all about beanstalk:
Talk about beanstalk development or use at:
Please report any bugs to: